ADVICE FOR HORSE/EQUINE OWNERS – MARCH 2015
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND THE MARINE (DAFM) AND
THE FARM ANIMAL WELFARE ADVISORY COUNCIL (FAWAC)
The following advice is being offered to promote good animal welfare and to assist with control measures in the event of a disease outbreak amongst horses in Ireland
- Your equine must be microchipped.
- Your equine must be passported.
- Your equine must be kept on a registered equine premises.
- Your equine cannot be presented at a horse fair / market without being passported.
- You must notify the passport organisation within 30 days of buying / selling your equine.
- If your equine is not compliant with any of the above it can be seized
If you have any queries on the above please contact the animal welfare helpline at call save 0761 064408
or email AnimalWelfare@agriculture.gov.ie